There is a lot more that goes into getting your pool ready than taking off the cover and putting in some chemicals! As part of our regular opening service we will do the following:
• Remove your cover; we will clean it, fold it, and place it in designated storage area
• Remove all plugs, air pillows, etc. used to winterize, and place in storage area
• Add chlorine shock to your pool
• One pound of chlorine for every 10,000 gallons of water at startup
• Start the pump and filter, psi checked and noted
• Install and adjust the automatic cleaner as needed
• Blow your pool deck area clear of leaves and other debris
• Set up skimmer, return lines, ladders, and stairs
• We will place your items in your designated storage area at no additional charge
*A water test is included at opening for no additional charge, just pay for chemicals needed.
As the pool owners we ask you to balance the pool water and add the winter kit one day prior to winter closing. The winter kit consists of winter shock and algaecide. When we arrive at your location we will do the following:
- Pump out the pool to the appropriate level after taking note of pool equipment functionality. If any repairs or replacements need to be done, they will be noted as “Spring Needs” on your closing invoice. These repairs should be done in March, prior to our opening season.
- Disassemble and clean filters, place in designated storage area
- Backwash sand filters
- Remove and clean DE filter grids, to be placed in storage
- Remove and clean cartridge filter cartridges, to be placed in storage
- Clear the lines of water and install winter plugs, adding antifreeze as needed
- Make sure pool is cover is properly secured. Place cover pump if applicable.
- Covers using water bags: bags will be filled with the treated pool water and placed around pool perimeter. This is an additional fee.
- Add winter chemicals per request.
After this process is complete, you will need to secure the circuit breakers appropriately.